My Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Now that my tears have dried.....

Today was an incredibly hard day for me to handle and I will explain why.  Let me go back a few days.  Remember when I mentioned that my mom was back in the hospital and I was waiting for a call.  Well, they did admit her.  She just couldn't walk more than a few steps without having to stop and catch her breath.  Well, on Thursday while I was cleaning a house she calls me and has me talk to the dr.  The Dr. told me he wanted to send her to San Diego to a long-term care facility.  He said she is in and out of hospital too much and she needs more care than they or I can give her.  The hospital they wanted to send her specializes in Pulmonary issues as well as other things.  They planned on sending her the next day (friday).  My mom was not real happy and just not sure of it.  I convinced her that she was going away like the contestants from Biggest loser do to get healthy.  So last night she was taken by ambulance to this new hospital.

This morning she called me sobbing and asking me to come get her and that she didnt want to stay there.  I tried calming her and asked her what did they do.  She said nothing its just she wasnt comfortable and didnt like the atmosphere.  The Dr. came in and i stayed on phone while he talked with her.  He asked her why she was crying and explained to her that she wasnt forced to stay and he wanted to help her but only if she wants the help.  When I got off the phone I called my brother and told him to call her.  I also called her sister and left a message for her.  Meanwhile I was crying cause I am 2 hours away and not sure what to do.  I called the hospital and talked with the nursing supervisor and asked him (ugh) to visit her and try and make her feel more welcome.

I went of Facebook and shouted out for prayers and texted a few people to pray also.  One friend from church texted me back and asked me if I had told our new pastor.  I asked her to tell him cause I couldn't talk.  She said she would.  My brother and aunt both talked to my mom.  The pastor ended up calling me and of course my voice was horrible but I am so glad he called.  He is such a great guy.  He even said he would go visit her this week.  He visited her on Easter when she was in Hospital and that was his first day preaching at our church AND a holiday........shows how great he is.  He had even asked my son to read the scripture for tomorrow.....soo cool.
So the friend that I texted invited me and my son and his friends that were staying over out to a nearby lake to go tubing.  My son of course wanted to go.  I didn't but I am glad I did, it got my mind off of things for a while.

When I got home I tried calling my mom again (tried calling her cell earlier and she wouldnt answer) so I called the hospitals line and no answer.  I ended up talking to a nurse and she sounded nice and she said my mom was sleeping and yes she had talked to my mom earlier cause she didnt like her patients to cry.  I thanked her very much and appreciated her efforts.  I laid it on thick cause I know sometimes people need to hear that and it does improve their attitude.  Hers was fine but anyways.

I called her again a few hours ago and she sounded much better.  She said she finally got some pain medication and I guess that is why she slept through the phone rings.  She sounded a lot better, not completely comfortable yet but much better.  Apparently she felt like she was being sent to a Luny Bin.

If you made it this far, I thank you.  I don't want to apologize for venting cause mostly this blog is for me but thanks anyway for listening.  I did not overeat anything today but last night after I came home from hospital I did have a cup o noodles and some wine.  I am still swollen from the sodium but I am not one bit sorry for eating that.  In fact I bought two and the other one is calling my name.  I have plenty of time to flush my system before my weigh-in.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day so Mothers, have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. It is always hard when our parents have medical issues. It makes me feel so helpless. Shell relax there I know. You feel better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're going through this with your mom-- try not to feel guilty, you're doing this for her health and it's always hard to adjust to something like long-term care.

    ReplyDelete