My Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Biscuits and Gravy! Oh my!

My mom came home from the doctors and store with some goodies and announced that she was making biscuits and gravy tomorrow morning.  I love her biscuits and gravy but lord have mercy, she knows I do not need them.  I do not want to paint a picture of my mom as a crazy, heartless woman.........really I dont and she isnt.  Please understand that I am venting here so I wont take any anger or frusteration out on her.  I have had to deal with her illness' and dozens and dozens of trips to the ER, so I really need to find a safe place to vent.  Yesterday was a great day.  I had a cleaning job that I am very proud of and wasnt hungry but only snacked on Special K crackers.  Of course last night I ended up eating some cereal and a salad.  This morning I thought I would check and see how well I did and hop on the scale.....well, hop....no, dont want to break it but the crazy scale said I gained 2.  I am hoping that it is water weight, I think it is.  So here I am faced with tomorrow.  We usually go to Carl's after church and now an unhealthy breakfast too.......uuughhhh, I just cant do it.  I also know that if I do in fact turn it down, which wont be too hard in the morning, there will be some left over and later that night I will be facing it all alone.  It will sit in the fridge taunting me.

I will fight it, I will.  Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, biscuits and gravy. That ain't RIGHT. I'm craving them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best things about the band is that it really helps with portion control so we can eat small quantities of the yummy foods we love and still meat our weightloss goals. It is much harder to be where you are now!

    ReplyDelete