My Progress

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 21, 2011

This week's goals and other funny stuff

In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and cahins.  Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.  ~Stephen Phillips


Just thought I would add that.  It is amazing how we can let the scale dictate how we are going to feel that day.


I have been doing really well.  I completed my goals for last week.  Got to gym twice (would have aimed for more had I not been sick). The water thing is very new to me and such a big deal when I finish my day and smile knowing I have drank my required amount.  Last night was funny though, at 9pm I realize that I have only drank half of my water so I nursed my 64 oz bottle for 45 minutes and finished it.  I knew I would be up peeing all night but I could not let my day slip by without drinking it.  I haven't missed one yet since I mentioned it last week.  I have not eaten any fast food.  My biggest challenge was this weekend in the evening, wanting to snack.  When I did snack I picked some special K crackers (portioned out) and one light laughing cow cheese.  Last night I made some light soup.  I am very proud of myself.


Even this afternoon when my son and I were out running around.  I had to pick up a few things from Walmart and he asked if he could get a burger from McDonalds.  I ordered for him and went and got my things.  I did not get myself anything.  I waited till I got home and had a Lean Cuisine.  VERY COOL!

Funny moment when we were driving home and he says to me "Mom, I cant wait until you get the lap band so when we are having burgers and you cant finish yours then I can have the rest".  He is one of those kids that can scarf down a burger in no time and still want more.  Luckily he gets his dad's genes very slender and fast metabolism.  Im stuck with the German genes - short and round.
  

Ok, on to this week's goals:


1.  Gym, 3 times
2.  64 oz of water a day
3.  No fast food junk
4.  Record my food


Number 4 is my only new one and it certainly is a doozy.  Only time I was good at recording my food was when I was training and my PT was checking it.  I know it is something that I need to do and I am going to copy Lap Band Gal and use post-it notes.  I hope she doesn't mind.  I am inspired by her, she is in maintenance mode and doing great.  I am just a baby, I have a lot to learn.

4 comments:

  1. MyFitnessPal.com is also an awesome way to track your food, water, and calories. They have an app for iphone, ipad, and android, not to mention web access. It's free so take a look...

    Congratulations on reaching your goals!!! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kecia, it is a great tool. Only problem is... it keeps yelling at my for not getting enough calories. SIGH. lol

    Sounds like you did great this week, girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting into the gym! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about our reliance on the scale. So evil.

    ReplyDelete